[Gpdd] HEALTH Fireball's ear

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jul 16 04:51:58 EDT 2007

Poor Fireball!

It sounds like the classic symptoms of an ear infection, in which case he needs to be started on antibiotics asap. Sometimes there can be an abscess, in which case the discharge from his ear will smell nasty.

If you are comfortable about doing it, you could give his little ear a clean. In England we have Dermisol, a kind and gentle cleaning fluid. A few drops gently massaged in his ear will soften the debris, which you can then remove with a cotton bud or better still one of the little tools that are sold for human ear cleaning. Just the right size for a little piggy ear. Or you could try a few drops of warm olive oil in his ear. Don't poke about in his ear any further than you can see.

If you don't fancy trying it yourself, rush him to the vets as early treatment is vital with ear infection.

He is such a lovely piggy. I just love that pigture of him camping with Little John. Give him a hug from us all and good luck at the vets.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.