[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Archies toofies

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Tue Jul 17 00:28:59 EDT 2007

Oh Julie what a terrible time you've had, gosh i'd not realised it had
gone on for sooo long grrr these toofies are such a worry with our
little furbabies.

Mmmm sounds like your vet is doing everything possible, he is planing
the teeth down at an angle?? It took my vet a few goes before he found
the best angle that suited Duke.... he did say that they're all slightly
different and that some piggies have different habits of eating.
I am concerned however about the dribbling still.....has he had an
xray??? is it possible there's a nasty abscess looming that's not
showing up at the moment???    This is only from my past experiences
with our Duke, he's had toofie problems now for nearly a year and been
fed CC for about a year now and in that time he's had 3 abscesses all in
different positions but all around the jaw area.

I wouldn't think that Archie eating his CC would make him not eat
anything else.  I'm sure you've tried every veggie and fruit to tempt
him.  Can i suggest you try again, just keep on offering him his fav
things he used to love, even try some different ones.  It's a matter of
tempting them and once you can do that he might just get the idea and
try himself.  Have you tried mixing baby pureed apples with his CC to
give him a diff taste??  Sorry if i'm waffling i'm sort of going thru
things i've done for Duke, just in case there's something extra you may
not have tried.  Another thing i did was puree canteloupe, pear and
watermelon and made it into a slushy mix which i could syringe up and
feed as a fluid, i would do this at each feed, i wouldn't give it on a
permanent basis but it might perk him up a bit, Duke used to literally
savage the syringe to get to the slushy mix.

Wishing you all the very best love, i do hope you find a solution for
your dear little Archie real soon.  Yes you must be exhausted i too get
up every night to Duke, LOL my phone alarm wakes me at 2.30am every
morning and i always check him about midnight too and then i'm up again
at 6.15 to clean him out and re stock his trays of fruits and veg.    Oh
another thing i've just put Duke onto the oxbow pellets i know we can
get them here in Victoria they've been a huge hit as they're really
tasty and not tooo hard for them and they are very very good for them.

Glynis and Duke (in mem Sully)