[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE Welcome Glen's new piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Jul 19 07:54:00 EDT 2007

Glen,

I'm so glad that you cleaned up your room enough for two new piggies to come in and mess it all up again. Great news that they have become friends

I consider the naming of names to be a very personal thing and needs a lot of thought. Brown piggies are not too hard to name as there are all those chocolate connotations. Yum! Toffee, Treacle, Fudge, Brownie, Oreo, Rolo ( an English choc and toffee sweet )........depends on one's favourite chocs. A friend had a Galaxy and a Mars ( more English chocs )

I have been thinking of names whilst cleaning out the Piggyfriends - a job that I can do on autopilot.

Black and white piggies occupied quite a lot of cleaning time.

I first came up with Domino, which I dismissed as possibly too girly, then Eclipse. I like your idea of the battle between the evil and good side which gives endless possibilities with names like Gandalf and Aragorn or names from Star Wars.

A friend, with a penchant for the game, named her half and half boar Chess.

Anyone here a Trekkie? I remember an early Star Trek episode in which a character played, I believe, by Frank Gorshin is ostracised by his community for having half black and half white skin on the opposite sides to the rest of his race. I can't remember the character's name and will have to Google this when I have time or it will drive me mad.
It is probably not a suitable piggy name! You can tell how much of my brain is engaged by cleaning to come up with all this drivel.

Thoughts of black and white things took me through the cleaning into the feeding stage. Zebra maybe? Penguins are b&w which lead me onto Burgess, a name I like, after Burgess Meredith, who played the Penguin in the old Batman series, which you may remember, being of my generation.

Then I decided that I liked Escher, as I love his black and white artwork.

Enough of this rambling! Time to go to work.

Welcome to the new boys. Do let us know what names you decide upon. I'm glad that your cat gets on with the piggies.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.