[Gpdd] HEALTH: Aquinnah's Proud Pile

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 20 10:32:16 EDT 2007

Dear Nicholle

I'm really glad to hear that Aquinnah is on the mend. I too had a piggie, my
dear Sweet Sally, who suffered from gas. I kept a bottle of Baby Oval,
http://www.churchdwight.ca/product.php?productidx=66671, on hand which
really helped.  The active ingredient is Simethicone. I would give Sally a
dose of 0.4 cc's up to 3 times a day. Baby Oval is the product in Canada,
Mylicon, http://www.mylicon.com/products/index.jhtml, is a brand in the
States. Using this in addition to tummy rubs tackles gas quite well.

Now I was not aware of hay causing gas, though Timothy is better for them,
it seemed to me to be more related to veggies. Sally loved cucumbers but
they had to be limited as they are a gassy vegetable. I also steered clear
of broccoli, cauliflower and any cabbagey type veggies. Also keeping a
piggie active, walking and running around can help to reduce the incidence
of gas and bloat.

Cuddles from my girls to yours.

All the best,

Martha, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis