[Gpdd] MISC: Thanks to Everyone

Megan Gladney byrne51250 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:40:42 EDT 2007

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and comforting words. It means so
much to have that support here after such a tragedy. Poor little Phylo was
suffering so, and I guess I must take comfort in knowing that we helped stop
that process by helping him to the Bridge. At the end, he was getting
Critical Care by syringe, he had to be disimpacted a couple times a day, we
were trying Cisapride to get him to make some little beans, and he was
unable to stand by himself from a side-lying position. His attempts to walk
were heartbreaking to watch. We kept him up on towels for cuddles and hand
feeding for the last three days of his life, so he was a bit more
comfortable. We made up a little memorial card to send our vet's office for
their kind care - if anyone wants to be e-mailed a copy, we'd gladly send
along one to you - just send me an e-mail and I'll forward it on to your
address. As silly as it sounds, here is the poem I wrote to be placed upon
the card:

"The time has come for me to leave my Mom and Dad behind
But I know I'm always with them in their hearts and in their minds.

They gave me costumes, toys and treats, they gave me lots of love.
Now God has given me angel wings in my new home up above.

Don't cry for me, please don't shed tears - I am not gone forever.
There'll come a day we'll meet again and cross Rainbow Bridge together."

Thanks again everyone.

Megan, Jerry, Oscar the Skinny Piggie and Phylo, in Memorium.