[Gpdd] [Care] Condolences and Vet care

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 12:55:17 EDT 2007

Megan- what a touching little poem you wrote for
  your dear Phylo. Even though in it you say “don’t
  cry for me”, tears were already running.  It was so
  thoughtful of you to send a card to the vet – it no
  doubt  touched them as well.

  Nicholle – I am so saddened to read that your
  dear girl Aquinnah left for the Bridge after all. We
  were so hopeful when last report indicated she
  was doing better. Perhaps, as you say, it was that
  last blockage that was causing the other problems.
  As sad as this is, I’m so thankful that we share our
  bits of information here, and hopefully we can in
  that way learn a bit to help others. Too bad they
  don’t do more investigation, as they might if the
  patients were human, so we would know for
  sure in these cases.

  What a difference, too, we see from one vet to
  another!  I can understand they must take care
  to maintain enough income to stay in business,
  but surely there must be some middle ground.
  I’m so thankful for the vets like ours who are
  willing to work with us for the good of the
  animals. I think they all deserve a little extra
  thanks from time to time.  I know when our
  dear Hotshot died at the vet (a different one),
  he felt so bad, not only did he not charge me
  anything, he later sent a very touching letter.
  Maybe someone can come up with a way we
  can recognize those caring individuals, and
  maybe influence the others just a bit. And I’d
  still love to see us come up with something
  like the CCT here in the US!
  Just our thoughts.
  Piggie hugs’n’kisses to all poorly piggies,
  and for those already gone to the Bridge,
  Susi & the Okie Piggies