[Gpdd] [MISC] piggy ignorance

Marty trails18 at alltel.net
Wed Jul 25 00:29:14 EDT 2007

Nicholle,

I am so sorry that on top of losing Aquinnah you are having to deal with people's ignorance when it comes to our dear sweet creatures.

Sid found his way to my house about 3 and a half years ago. He was my ex-sister-in-law's grandson's piggy.   She was annoyed by Sid's "stupid noises" and the boy didn't ever play with him and when he did he was rough with Sid.  When she asked me if I'd like to take Sid I said yes right away.  I asked about his age and what kind of piggy he was and her reaction was, "I don't know, he's just a stupid rat."

Well, Sid fit in just right in my house, and those "stupid noises" were, of course, our beloved WHEEEEEKs. He is the wheekiest piggy to take up residence in my house and I love him.

I guess we just have to ignore other people's pignorance. They are the ones who are losing out by not opening their hearts to guinea pigs.