[Gpdd] Misc--Gp's eating their young--

dganley at tampabay.rr.com dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 01:08:10 EDT 2007

This Kirchner guy must be spreading some weird rumors to help his case--I have never heard of that!  Molly had 5 babies, almost 3 years ago--one was still-born & she never went near the baby.  We did have 2 female gerbils years ago, who delivered within days of each other--one baby did get eaten by one of the mom's, which was pretty gross & I had to drag Colleen out of the room so she didn't see it happening.  I'm assuming it's a smaller-rodent habit, their way of eliminating a baby who wouldn't have survived in any case.   But I've never heard of the problem with our piggies--maybe because they're delivered fully-haired & good to go, as opposed to the smaller rodents who look like little pencil-erasers & aren't as fully formed.    Jaime, stop reading his crap--you know it's just that, crap--appaently these people will shovel any type of junk into the media to make his case sound good. We all know better.  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma