[Gpdd] Misc--allergies

dganley at tampabay.rr.com dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 01:18:27 EDT 2007

Isn't it strange & unfair that those of us who love these little guys the most can be allergic?  My 14 year old daughter, Colleen, idolizes her pig, Molly & Molly is just as crazy about her--they've been joined at the hip since we brought Molly home from the shelter 3 years ago.  But Molly loves to climb up on Colleen's chest--& Colleen immediately breaks out in a rash!  We've tried putting a towel on her whole body when Molly climbs up but it doesn't help--Molly will find a spot to snuggle on her bare arm or anywhere--& there goes the rash again.  Colleen is really good about it, just deals with it--her friends ask why she's broken out & she'll just tell them "I'm allergic to my GP"--many of them have asked why she just doesn't "get rid of the pig" (I hate that term!) & she tells them it's not an option, she loves her pig.  Cortisone cream seems to help, just don't let a pig lick it.  Always something with these guys!  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma