[Gpdd] MISC: Pignorant People

Megan Gladney byrne51250 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:48:16 EDT 2007

Nicholle and Ryvvir - it makes me so angry to hear strangers talk about
piggies like that - let alone relatives. I once had this boss when I worked
on a different floor in the hospital and she said: "Oh my son brought home
the class guinea pig for the summer - and that thing was so DIRTY and it
STANK... GOD!" I of course  jumped to the rescue and said: "Well, ma'am, if
it was stinking, it was because your son neglected to clean out the cage
promptly and properly - any animal that is neglected will smell if it is
left in its own urine." She pretended to ignore me, but I got my point
across. I also work with a girl right now who says: "I HATE GUINEA PIGS! My
roommate has them, and all they do is fight. I told her that in the new
apartment, they have to go downstairs." I suggested to her that her
less-than brilliant roommate separate them as they were two boars who had
not bonded and would continue to fight until one was seriously hurt.

She also shut up fairly quickly. :) (Yaaaaay meeeee!) lol

I have lucked out in terms of relatives - my grandmother - who is really
afraid of mice/rats and other rodents has learned to love these little
creatures - and she even loves my little nekkid Skinny Piggie, Oscar. My mom
and dad are also pretty good, and Jerry - my husband - couldn't be separated
from them. While his parents seem to like my piggies, his mother once
horrified me with a story of the "care" received by a guinea pig she owned
as a child. They let the piggie out in the yard and apparently a dog got to
it and was tossing the piggie around "like a dishrag", she tells me with a
giggle.

I hope she never owns another pet.

Anywho - once again, my piggie love and wheeps go out to you and your
remaining baby. I hope his meeting with a potential new cagemate goes well.

Love and wheeps, Megan, Oscar the Nekkid Dancing Skinny Piggie and Jerry. :)