[Gpdd] HEALTH: Witchy with a B guinea pigs

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 12:51:46 EDT 2007

Somebody had posted earlier about their girl piggy who got very moody and
tried to mount and otherwise was aggressive towards her cage mates.  I  meant to
respond and a few days have passed but whoever that was is welcome to  email
me.  My immediate thought was "that little girl has ovarian  cysts".  Penny
has cysts that flare up every 4-5 weeks.  We can  usually work thru it but we
treated it once with a shot of Depo-Provera, the  same medicine used for birth
control.  It's $136 a shot so it's not an  option for me every month.  Spaying
is not an option for Penny.  She  would be in the best of veterinary hands but
I estimate her age to be at least 6  years old and I'm not going to put her
thru the surgery.

Regards,

Dana Felice
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House  Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of  adoptable rabbits
at:_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
http://wwww.tampabayhrs.petfinder.com  (check out our new Petfinder address!)

"It doesn't matter what the  kids say. Rabbits are not disposable like a box
of cereal or a Disney video.  They WILL get tired of the rabbits and go on to
the next toy. YOU will have to  deal with the consequences. Unfortunately,
most people deal with the situation  by DUMPING their rabbits on someone else.
Ultimately, it is the bunny that pays  for your inability to say NO."