[Gpdd] Silly: Pignorance! and Good Guiny

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:26:15 EDT 2007

Hi Nicholle,

I know what you mean!
My "mother-in-law" is very scared of mice, rats and rodents in general so of
course she's terrified of our little 'mice' too. She probably also hates the
fact we call our guinea pigs 'mice', though i'm not completely sure she
knows...

Whenever they visit us, thank god it's been quite a while, they will totally
ignore our cute sweet little guinea pigs!
Also my boyfriend is allergic to pretty much anything, so every now and then
she will make a nasty remark about our cavies. Especially when my boyfriend
is or was ill recently, she will say: 'well, you know what makes you ill!'
Luckily my boyfriend doesn't really have allergy problems with our pigs.
It's mostly the hay and bedding that's the problem, so I always clean the
cages. But i don't mind. I just could not imagine my life without my girls!
And my boyfriend probably could not imagine that either. He and Lotje are
the biggest friends. Lotje will practically let my boyfriend do anything
with her! They are so sweet together.
You might know that about half a year ago we got Dunya. This is something I
(and boyfriend too) haven't told her about, because I know she will only
make mean remarks about that not realising Dunya is such a sweetie!

By the way I love the word Pignorance, it's perfect! Thanks for making that
up, Marty!

There's another story I would like to share with you all.
This weekend my godfather, his wife and kids were visiting us. Their kids
have two guinea pigs, a male named Jack and a little girl named Jamie.
Especially my niece adores piggies, and animals in general, and she is
really good with them.
My younger nephew though is a different story, though he really loves guinea
pigs, he's a very wild boy, having lots of energy he needs to get rid of. My
pigs aren't really used to this much attention and wildness.
I've let them handle Lotje before and I know my niece is real good with
them, she I gave her Dunya to pet. Dunya was pretty good (maybe really
impressed by just being put into some strangers hands), I think she did not
mind that much, even with my nephew she was doing okay, and she did not seem
to mind too much. Dunya is a wild piggy herself!
Lotje pretty much hated being picked up and handled by my nephew. She was
good but i could she by the looks on her face she would very much rather lie
quietly with her dad (aka my boyfriend). After some time my boyfriend Erwin
did get her from my nephew and she seemed to relax right away.
Guiny really surprised me bigtime. She's not really a people's piggie and
although she does likes to be petted any handling will be on her terms.
Sometimes I will try to pet her and she will not have it but then when I
start petting Lot, she will come back to me and practically push her head
under my hand so i can pet her!
Guiny was so good! She would let my nephew do anything with her and she
didn't even seem to mind. Also when he just let her lie on his tummy she
would stay nicely put. Apparrently she looked really cute to my nephew when
he picked her up. Hands around her waist and the paws would just hang down.
(actually she does look cute like that). But he just kept on doing that,
picking her up like that and she was such a dear. I was really surprised,
because of she's in a mood she would definetly would not let anyone do that
to her. I think she somehow understood that she should just let my nephew go
about his way (he's a bit autistic(hope this is an english word)) and
everything would be just fine. My other two girls probably were relieved
they weren't the ones being handled, and I kind of was relieved she was
keeping him busy.
Go Guiny!

Grtz from the 3 Winky girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya!
And slave mikey, who will soon have a bank card with the 'mice' on it!
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at pecoma.nl

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl