[Gpdd] ANOUNCEMENTS: Newish member

francesmckenna at cox.net francesmckenna at cox.net
Wed Jul 25 22:15:34 EDT 2007

   I thought it was about time I introduced myself and my piggie. My name's Frankie, and the little guy's name is Scratch. I doubt he would even know to answer to that, because he usually gets called "little guy." Currently he is my only pig. I know that he would be much happier with another, but we are not able to do that at the time. He gets bunches of attention and treats to make up for it. His treats are veggies, so I don't feel bad for giving him a lot of them.  I bought him at a local Petco this past September and surprisingly didn't have a problem with him. he was very happy to have a big cage all to himself.  We live in Gainesville, FL, US with my husband, Michael (slave to both of us...lol).  I am trying to talk him into another piggie, but his arguements of space and money make a lot of sense right now.  The little guy says that if I got a job, we wouldn't have that problem.   Scratch is a cute little short-hair something or another and is black with big brown and white patches.
      We've been reading the digest since last September, but have not gotten around to posting until now.  I want everyone who lost piggies since I've been reading to know how much I have sympathized with them, even though I didn't tell them at the time.  Losing pets, especially when they are less pet and more family member, is always a very difficult process.    And those pigtures of the poor little ones from Lancaster made be both cry and get very mad. Even Michael was upset.  Whether simply pets, or family members, having an animal in your home like that is taking responsibility for their health: physical, mental, and emotional.  There is no way those guys were healthy gp's.
    Sorry the post is a bit long. I had a few months worth to say, I suppose.  I've seen there is an active poster from the Tampa area, is there anyone that is closer to Gainesville, FL?
---Frankie and Scratch (and our slave Michael...lol)