[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: The Pignorant

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 12:52:38 EDT 2007

Hi GPDDers,

I think I already thanked everyone for their advice about Pignorant  people.
I was amazed by how many people out there have had similar  experiences to
mine.

Also, I found that most people who wrote assumed that my in-laws are
monsters, and by their attitudes about my guinea pigs, you would think they  *would*
be horrible, but they are not!  Amazingly, excepting that  major bone of
contention, they are perfectly good people, who've helped me  through some really
lousy times.  Of course they have their shortcomings as  I have mine, but as a
general rule we have a lot of fun together  and all get along fine, *except
where guinea pigs are concerned*

For this reason, as some of you already suggested to me, *I* never even  talk
about the guinea pigs in front of them.  My husband is the one who  brings
them up all the time in front of his family.  When I brought  Aquinnah to be put
down, by the time I got home, everyone in his family already  knew that she
was gone.  Every time I lose one, he has to announce it to  the whole family,
as if they care.  Then I'm the one  who gets stuck hearing their stupid baloney.

If I don't bring up the pigs, they don't bring them up either.  So I  tell my
husband to stop "reporting" my guinea pig casualties to his family, so I
don't have to hear their anti-pig harangues.  But he says he likes doing it
because he finds their tirades "amusing" in that he knows hearing about the  pigs
"pisses them off" and he likes to see them angry.  When  in reality, he is
making me angry.  Men.

Sorry, guys, nothing personal...lol.

Thanks again, slaves, for all your support!  Talk really soon.

Nicholle