[Gpdd] [CARE] Making hay from mown grass?

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 23:23:55 EDT 2007

Hi Debbie,  Interesting question.  I'm sorry to hear you are also having so much wet weather.

  I supose you could attempt to dry some hay but I would think you'd have to be extremely careful in the drying process.  Grass is naturally wet and when compacted would have a tendency to mold.  I'm sure the farmers in your area will have mold problems with the normal hay they produce.

  I guess if I were you and facing a hay shortage I'd try drying some grass but I would be extra careful when feeding it.

  Good luck and kisses to all 14 Dolly Mixture from both the Lady Bug and me.