[Gpdd] Health: Sick piggie update

Jamie Hill mshill0207 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 19:43:20 EDT 2007

We actually got in to see the vet today.  Harry's whole left side is not working
well, so the vet suspects he had a stroke.  I think it must have happened Friday
night and by the time we found him Saturday morning, it had been 12 hours.
Long enough for poor Harry to develop serious bloat from not eating or drinking.
He is a gassy piggie to begin with.  I was so worried about the bloat that I
mistook his stroke symptoms for simply not feeling well.

Harry has improved even from this morning and my vet thinks that is a great sign.
Now that I think about it, he seemed to just be in a daze all day yesterday.  This
evening he even begged for food!  Hooray!  We were also instructed to do
physical therapy on him a few times a day by flexing his leg and paw in and out.

Kind regards,
Jamie and Piggie friends,
Maya, Cookie, Gracie, Annie, Conan, Harry, and Lloyd