[Gpdd] [Rescue] a new family of refugees

Karen Brown shanclan2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 11:28:43 EDT 2007

Mother, Father and 3 sons.  I have named the mother, Clemencia and the father, Oso (bear in Spanish).  I contacted an academic program for the study of the Mayan languages for more folklore names.

About two weeks ago, Aslan the Abyssinian died suddenly.  No symptoms until he was near death.  I found him weak with discharge covering his eyes.  His nose and mouth were clear.  I cleaned his eyes and flushed them with saline solution, but he was very weak so I put him back in his cage and let him go.

I think he may have had some kind of infection, but what?  Happening so soon after Noisy Max and Lady Amaranthine, I've been pretty beat up lately.  So I am happy to foster the new additions.

Karen J. Brown
gentle hands & kindly words petsitting
Cavy Rescue New England