[Gpdd] Misc: The Uineas

truejedi at bellsouth.net truejedi at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 31 12:08:06 EDT 2007

Hello Slaves and Piggies,
Whee are soooo far behind on our digest readings.  Thank you to everyone who sent us comforting messages at the beginning of the year.  We went though a rough time but things are looking so much better now.  Hope all of you are doing well.  It will take a while to catch up on all the digest reading but we will get it done.
The Uineas are happier now than they have every been.  My Grandma has spoiled them so much.  She feeds them at night when I'm at work and they have gotten used to her.  When I get home I come check on them and they all look so peaceful now.
We do have one problem though.  Vuinea was having trouble a few months ago.  She eats really slow and she was having trouble chewing her food.  I looked in her mouth and saw her two bottom teeth gone.  This was about a month ago.  Since then we have been cutting her food up very very small and soaking her pellets to get them soft for her to eat.  I take her out of the cage to eat because it takes about an hour for her to finish eating.  I keep checking and her teeth aren't growing back.  This morning my grandma woke me up and told me Vuinea has now lost one of her top teeth also.  So now all she has is the back teeth and one tooth on the top in the front.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this.  If so any information would be greatly appreciated.  I just don't know what to do.  She was using the two teeth to pick up the food and bring it to the back of her mouth...but now with only one tooth it will make this hard.  I can tell she's hungry but all she's able to eat are soft fruits and soft veggies plus the soaked pellets.  Any other suggestions on things we could feed her to keep her strength up?  Will her teeth eventually grow back?  Any advice would help.
Thank you so much in advance.
Hope you all are doing well.
Misty and The Uineas  - Wuinea, Puinea, Buinea, Vuinea, Boaruina (Bori), and Muinea and Motah at the Bridge