[Gpdd] HEALTH: For ALL sick gpigs

Bethany Waldrop Keiper keiper at hiwaay.net
Tue Jul 31 16:38:24 EDT 2007

Please remember that any time your gps are having gastric issues, are
having to be hand-fed, are on medications, lose a cagemate, or are
having decreased mobility, please remember to give them BENEBAC. You can
get it from a pet store or a vet, just call around and keep it on hand
to use.

I've had a lot of experience with sick gps, and a lot of help with them
from a very good doctor, and he says a dose of it does no harm. It
smells awful, but most of my gps have loved it, and have lapped it right
up. In any of the cases I've mentioned above, they could use a boost to
their gut flora because they will not be able to get as much of the
cecal pellets as they are used to, or they are going to need a
supplement of them.

The reason I say when they lose a cage mate is because Silky's stomach
problems didn't really show up until her cagemate Sooty died.
Apparently, Sooty's cecal pellets helped keep Silky's system on track.

I'm sorry I don't post more -- and I'm not trying to sound like a
know-it-all or anything. It is just something that I learned from
experience and wanted to share.

Sending blessings to all the ailing little ones and their parents,

Bethany, Silky, and the new piggie Moose