[Gpdd] Care: Smoking and Piggys

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 22:05:58 EDT 2007

     The piggies should be taught from early on not to take up smoking. Be
careful of people who might influence them in the wrong direction     ;)

     That said,   I don't object to someone very occasionally smoking one or
2 cigarettes in my living room, the room where my piggies are housed. But
that's it. It's not hard to enforce since almost no one wants to smoke around me.
They're afraid for my lungs and afraid for themselves. The presence of 02 in
the living room definitely discourages smoking.    (KaBoom!)   Not that it ever
discouraged me.

     I think that as long as the piggies aren't exposed to a lot of smoke,
and the exposure is brief, and there's not a smoker right next to them, it's
probably ok.

     For a long time after my official cigarette "quit" I occasionally (shame
on me) had a cigarette. Maybe 2. Or even3.

      But once I had piggies, I'd find myself rightly wondering about those
tiny little piggy lungs, and their little livers that help clean toxins from
their bodies. God forbid that I hurt them in some unintentional way. You can
guess the rest. I've been totally smoke free for a long time. Many thanks and
credit to my buddies, the delightful Jolly Rodents!

Good luck,
Alge and the Jolly Rodents