[Gpdd] <MISC> Survey

Chrissy mrszumm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 22:32:06 EDT 2007

I'll be brave and answer the survey, although many might not
like my answers...

1. Do you smoke?  Yes, both me and my husband smoke.

2. Do you allow others to smoke around your piggies?
 We rarely have visitors, but We don't smoke
 in the room that the piggies live..the kitchen,
(yes,not the best place due to the wheeks when we get
 ANY type of food is being prepared)  We do smoke in the adjoining
living room, but always have a fan or a window open.
Even as smokers, we can't stand the smoke to just "linger"
in the air.  The smell is worse than the day before cage
cleaning..

3. If you are a non smoker would you allow a smoker
     to pigsit and if so what rules would expect them
     to follow?   Even though I am a smoker, I feel that smokers
     should follow common courtesy in regards to non smokers.
     If they are asked to not smoke when babysitting, they
     can, like my husband and I often do when we have visitors,
     smoke outside, or in a back room w/ a door closed and window
     open, as not to expose the direct smoke to the piggies.

Side notes:  I know that it's not only bad for my health, but
the health of all around when I smoke, therefore I do not
expose anyone else to my nasty habit, piggie or not. I think
that it is a valid question to ask of any babysitter, and
they should not be offended in any way if asked.  If they are,
then you have to wonder if they will follow any other "rules"
you have while taking care of your babies.