[Gpdd] CARE:vet visit changes.

ang bret pigs_can_flee at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:09:04 EDT 2007

I'd first like to point out that I'm new. I resently took my first guinea
pig, who Iève had for about a month to the vet, for his lice. Aside from
treating his lice she told me the following things: -Little Cuckmeister is
only 4 months old, not fullgorwn, as I tought before.-That DOESN'T mean he
can have alfalfa pellets, so I had to buy hime a 16 (canadian) dollar bag of
timothy hay pellets.- Dandelion leaves are somewhat of a delicasy for him.
-Most importantly, he shouldn't have wood shavings on the bottom of his cage
(use a towel insead), because they're bad for the delicate pads of his feet.
This also means he must be litter trained!
My Question is, how do I litter train him. I bought the litter pan, and
filled it with the chips (my vet said I could do that), but he doesn't
really do much. Should I just let hime get used to it?
Love,
Linn and Chukie.