[Gpdd] Announcement: Thanks for all the Adoption Day wishes!!

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:54:02 EDT 2007

Hello!
Miss Zeussy and the rest of the Osteen clan would like to say thank you to
everyone who wished her a happy 1st Adoption Day! She had a very exciting
night with extra time in the big play area and a few extra carrots! I have
to get picture on our website and post it soon so everyone can see my
beautiful piggies! I love seeing pictures of other piggies on the digest!

To answer the questions about smoking around guinea pigs, I say no. I know
that ciggarette smoke really bothers me so I am guessing it would me more
harsh on their lungs. We fortunately live in an apartment building with no
smoking allowed so we do not have to worry about our guests or neighbors
smoking.

I also have a question about hay. I was on the website for Kleenmama's
Hayloft Hay and was a little hesitant when I saw the shipping charges. Is
their hay really worth paying $40.00 for 25 pound with the shipping (the hay
itself is only $13)? It has to ship from Washington State to Maine, so I can
completely understand the large shipping cost. I want to get the half 2nd
cut timothy and half bluegrass box. I am willing to pay for it if it really
is less dusty and better quality than Oxbow. Oxbow Timothy hay really
makes Quentin sneeze. Also how do people store their large amounts of hay. I
leave the oxbow hay right in the cardboard boxes when I buy the 9 pound
ones. I just keep the plastic bag open at all times.

Well I am taking up enough of the digest now! Again thank you to everyone
who wished Miss Zeussy a happy Adoption Day!! Healing wishes to all the sick
piggies out there.

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent to Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge.