[Gpdd] Gpdd HEALTH Ovarian cysts

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Sun Jun 3 20:23:11 EDT 2007

Hi all slaves and piggies.

Pooh girl seems to be a bit toooo... aggressive with other female piggies.  The last time her regular vet saw her she said that she had mastitis and that the only way to keep her from getting it over and over would be to have her spayed.  She then told me that she was not going to treat piggies anymore because it was to hard to lose them.  I now have new vet and she has an appointment on the 11th of June.  I just reading Issue 166 tonight and there posts on piggies with ovarian cysts and the symptoms listed (except for loss of hair) seem to fit her.  I was thinking earlier today that maybe her hormones might be out control  and that this was why she was too aggressive with other piggies.  When I introduced her to Domino she attacked her viscously and now Domino has several wounds on her back end and hips.  I've been keeping the wounds clean and putting medication on them.  They are separated for now.  I wonder if this is caused because of ovarian cysts and is it possible that when these are taken care of would she maybe be a calmer piggie.  Does anyone else have an experience with this?  Any advice would be much appreciated.  She seems so lonely since Tigger crossed the bridge.

Tigger was buried next to his angel in a flower bed at a friends home.  I live in an apartment and can not bury them here.  My friend put a plaque by their graves and I know that now they are back together and running free with not more pain.  He put a strong fight to live for 5 months.  He loved being syringed his water and food and did not want to let go when I fed him.  I would recline back in my chair and he would fall asleep on me almost every day.  He loved to snuggle with me.  I miss him very much.  I wish to thank all who have emailed me with condolences.  It helps to know that every one the Gpdd are so caring.  I think this post will get through now that Tex corrected my email address.

Sending healing hugs and lots of prayers for all those who have lost piggies and for those who ailing.

Mary D. (mom to Pooh girl, Domino and still grieving for Tigger)