[Gpdd] Announcement: Thanks for all the Adoption Day wishes!!

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 23:30:10 EDT 2007

Hi Shauna.  I can answer your questions about KM's hay as that is what the Bugster gets.  I agree that Oxbow hay and pellets both are dustier than the KM's and since I am allergic to just about everything, I do notice such things.

  I have the 3rd cut timothy (18 lbs) and about 12 lbs left from a 45 lb box of blue orchard.  The blue is a drier hay and definitely recommended for allergies as it is the least dusty.  I mix them together myself and the Bug really chows down on them.  Maybe that's why at almost 5 years old her teeth are in perfect condition so far.

  As for storing the hays-the timothy is a "wetter" hay than the orchard so I just bought less.  In the case of both hays I find the open end in the plastic, turn the box over, open up the bottom and gently pull the plastic cover off.  Pull gently as Linda does pack a lot in the box!  When you've done that just take a knife or something sharp and punch a lot of holes all the way around the box so it can breathe and mold is less likely to form.  Just store it in a cool fairly dry place and it should be fine.  No, hay won't fall out of the holes unless you make them 6 inches!  lol

  As far as being worth the cost only you can answer that.  Granted, KM is in Eastern Washington and I'm in No. Calif. but even if I were located where you are, I'm impressed enough that I would order it anyway.  If you notice, the more you order the lower the shipping is.  That is determined by UPS and not KM.  Her quality is just so much better and consistant (depending on the year's weather) than Oxbow.  I have never found pieces of WOOD in her hay unlike the last two bags of Oxbow I bought before switching.

  Hope this helps.  If you have any questions, just email Linda.  She's a very nice lady and is happy to answer any questions.

  Joan/Lady Bug