[Gpdd] Health:Cysts

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 09:15:39 EDT 2007

Hello all, Figgured I would chime in on the Ovarian
Cysts.  My vet told me that not all piggies loose hair
when they have cycts. My little girl could not have
hers taken out due to here being too much blood
supply, but she is going to suck the juice out of it
every now and agian.  She did go through sergery to
see what could be removed.  I suggest that you check
with your vet to see how many cyst removals they have
done on guinea pigs, or how many hysterectomies they
hae preformed.  This vet called me three times
throught the procedure to let me know what was going
on, that things inside of Aeva just had too much blood
supply for her to feel comfoatable about removing
them.  She said she wanted Aeva to go home, not die on
the table.  As it happens she passed on of her utiral
inclusions about a week ago!
She was slow in recovery, didn't eat or drink for a
day!  Freaked me out!.
Just please make sure your vet has done MAANY of these
things before!  And that if there is too much blood
supply, that they don't take things out anyway.  THey
can bleed to death in a VERY short time and there is
no guinea pig blood bank!
Carly and the Four little Pigs  Aeva Emma Liam and
Froders!