[Gpdd] [Health] Smoking Survey

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 11:46:13 EDT 2007

Birdie - first, congratulations for kicking the habit for
  15 years!  I'm sure you feel so much better (to those
  who do smoke - we would love for you to quit, too!)
  And thank you for taking the time and concern to put
  this survey out there, it certainly brings up an important
  subject we might not have given enough attention to.I
  can remember when you wouldn't dream of asking someone
  not to smoke around you, even if they asked.  We have
  certainly come a long way, baby!

  In answer to your questions:
    1. No, I don't smoke (I did briefly, many years ago. My
  frst husband did, as did my mother - no wonder I was
  always sick as a child!)
    2. No, I don't allow anyone to smoke around my piggies,
  or in my house at all. Even if it were safe, I don't like the stink.
    3. I think I would think twice about having a smoker to
  pigsit, but if I did, I would have to insist they not smoke in
  my home at all. I don't even want to see any butts outside.
    Yes, attention is another consideration I have with having
  someone else to watch my piggies.  So I either don't go,
  don't go for very long, or take them with me!   It is hard to
  find someone you know is going to follow all the piggie
  rules of frequent treats, proper veggies, favorite tv shows,
  lots of playtime, and keeping up with just who must have
  frequent cuddels, and who does not want to be picked up,
  only pats and proper conversation ( loads of compliments,
  favorite songs and stories, etc).
    And yes, Alge, I agree with you - you certainly don't want
  anyone around them   who is going to allow them to smoke!
  They come up with enough bad habits as it is!

Susi & the Okie Piggies