[Gpdd] Parasites? tiredness? and loss of one of Peter Gurney's ex pigs

Karen Smith karenjanesmith at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:45:32 EDT 2007

I had 4 pigs from Peter Gurney 4 years ago, lost one in January
(George) and the other last week (Mel).  I have still got the two
younger pigs who were 18 months younger (Sari and Indra) and they were
joined in April by another neutered 7 month old male (Cracker).

My smallest pig (Sari) has been a bit quiet since Mel died but I
thought she was just a bit down - today she seemed unusually quiet and
has stayed in bed a lot though still eating ok.  Got her out for a
closer inspection tonight as I hadnt noticed anything this morning and
I can see what may be lice - very tiny white ish but moving insects.
Going to try and get in the vets tomorrow with all 3 pigs - but in the
meantime could the parasites be making her tired or am I looking for a
separate illness? Would welcome any ideas.