[Gpdd] MISC: My Current Herd

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Tue Jun 5 00:19:18 EDT 2007

As I said in my earlier post, I've had many piggies.  I just introduced some
new babies to my herd (all girls ... actually, has been purposefully all
girls since Sundae as I didn't want any unexpected additions).

Glorie - tri-color aby, adopted 6/27/03
Grace - albino Silkie, adopted 1/15/04
Hope - red American, adopted 1/15/04
Charity - chocolate American, adopted 6/6/05
Liberty - tri-color Peruvian, adopted 7/2/05
Providence - silver agouti American, adopted 7/21/05
Harmony - light brown/red and white American, adopted 4/28/07
Melody - agouti and white American, adopted 4/28/07

It's hard to believe that Glorie is the oldest in the herd.  Luckily she has
been healthy, though I suspect she has limited sight, so I have to be very
careful not to startle her.  She likes to stay in her Pigloo, but comes out
if mama is petting piggies, she loves to purr when she gets attention.  Very
snuggly and never wants to wet her mama so she waggles to let me know.  If I
don't pay attention, she nibbles.

Grace is an independent piggie, but very snuggly and cuddly when mama needs
her.  She snuffles in my face and grabs my glasses and gives kisses.

Hope has a semi-permanent head tilt from an ear infection she had.  However,
sometimes it disappears (especially when she is eating).  It usually gets
extreme while she is sitting on the scale to be weighed.  She's my tiny
adult piggie (around 850 grams), but is also the alarm in the group.  Don't
be fooled by her small size, she has big lungs!

Charity loves attention and will head butt my hand if I'm petting someone
else (usually Glorie) too long.  She'll even cross the entire enclosure if
she knows someone else is getting petted.  She loves to eat and lie in the
food bowl, not surprisingly, my largest piggie at around 1250 grams.

Liberty is the mischief maker of the group, and always looks innocent when I
call her on her misdeeds (usually chasing someone).  But she really is a
good girl, just likes to get into everyone else's business.

Providence is the quiet, shy girl who likes to stay in the background ...
but she is coming into her own.  Just a month or two ago, she started to
fill out and have that mature piggie look.  Very sweet and is learning not
to jump out of my hands (most of mine learn within a few weeks or months,
but she was especially skittish and is taking longer to learn the final
behavior).

Harmony is a quiet, mellow girl (relative to the other new girl), and I
think she will become a very nice cuddle pig.  At first, she was very
fidgety being held, but for some reason, even then I had a feeling she would
become mellow.  Of course, she popcorns and races in circles and climbs on
things ... just like the other little one ...

The first time I held Melody at home, she relaxed and closed her eyes on me!
I thought she must be sick (as baby piggies don't do that), but I found out
later that I had found "the spot" on the right side of her nose.  She's very
active all the time, including cuddle time.  She loves to chew on glasses
and give kisses.  Now it's hard to get her to relax and close her eyes
anymore, but sometimes she'll do it for a minute or so.