[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Taming timid baby

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Tue Jun 5 00:54:40 EDT 2007

As a person who has brought in many pet shop piggies who have acted
similarly to yours, and have tried many different ways to get them
accustomed to life in my home, I've come to the conclusion that letting the
little one just stay in his home for several days without handling (except
to weigh him to make sure he is not losing weight) may be the best for the
little guy.

I know when I can start thinking about picking them up and holding them when
they start sitting outside waiting for or demanding food, or when they will
take food from my hand.  Of course, if they are losing weight (i.e. not
eating or drinking), I will hold them to try to get them to take a bit of
Critical Care and Vit C water, being very careful since I'm nervous about
giving any liquid to wiggly pigs.

I always let my pigs have houses from the time they arrive until the sad day
they leave.  I think it makes them more at ease.  No one stays in their
Pigloos all the time.  Most of the time they use them for sleeping, though
some choose to sleep outside ... and some want to spend the majority of the
time in them (my most tame piggie stays in one most of the day and usually
only comes out to eat, drink, and get scritches behind her ear).