[Gpdd] Misc: Alyssa & Carrot Wars clip

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 00:51:13 EDT 2007

I am so sorry that it's been so long since I posted in the Digest. I just
wanted to let everyone know that Alyssa is feeling better these days, and I think
the worst of everything is finally over. She had to drop out of school this
semester, but is hoping to be able to go back to school in the fall and resume
her studies. She goes to Physical Therapy 3-4 times a week, and has regained
some movement in her arms.

There were some really dark days in our house this spring. Not only was
Alyssa totally helpless and in a tremendous amount of pain, but she experienced the
loss of four beloved pets: her rat Sebastian; her guinea pig Mario; and two
little puppies that she'd been fostering for the Humane Society, Eddie and
Rascal. (Because Alyssa was incapable of caring for them after her surgery, they
had to go back to the Humane Society, where they caught ParvoVirus and died.)

Her days were brightened, however, whenever she received a greeting card or
care package or e-Card from you, dear GPDD friends. It was always the highlight
of her day whenever she received something from fellow animal lovers.

It won't be long before Alyssa is back on the computer, contributing to this
Digest. (At the moment she still can't use her arms well enough to type.) But
she asked me to please thank you all for your warm wishes, good thoughts, and
prayers. I'm 100% positive that these helped to speed up her recovery.

I wanted to also let you know that for the first time ever a one-minute
(QuickTime) clip of her movie CARROT WARS is available for viewing at her site,
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms

When you go to the web page, scroll down to the "Links" section and then
click on the third listed link, Carrot Wars clip. If you have a Quick Time player
on your computer (you can download the latest version free), you should be
able to see a short piece of the film. (The clip is not of the best quality and
may run a bit jerkily; it was taken from a video by the local paper for a story
they did recently.)

I'm not sure how long the link will work, but it's fun to watch it while it's
there!   :)

Thanks so much again for everything. Alyssa and I plan to send a personal
thank you to everyone soon.

Love and WHEEEEEEEEEEPS,

Nancy & Alyssa