[Gpdd] MISC: Taming timid baby; Welcome back Sundae's mom!; Kristine, Samantha, and Faith

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Thu Jun 7 01:15:25 EDT 2007

Jessie, I think that if a piggie is extremely timid, it may be advantageous
to just let them acclimate to their new home a few days before handling.
Others do not need that much time (like yours) ... but for ones that climb
walls trying to get away from you, I do think a slower introduction to human
touch is warranted.  One of my most skittish piggies at the beginning
quickly learned in a week to trust me since I respected her feelings and
left her alone, just feeding her in her enclosure and trying to encourage
her to eat from my hand.  She actually started to like cuddle time after a
few months.

Francine, thanks for the welcome back.  Things will never be like it was
when I had Sundae ... I think she was me in piggie form.  We really knew
each other.  The early days of the GPDD were the best for me because of her.

Jaime, thanks for the condolences and welcome back.  The losses are tough,
but we know they will happen, just not when.  And we just do our best during
the illnesses.  Luckily, right now I don't have any of those, though I'm
watching a few piggies' weight very closely.