[Gpdd] HEALTH: Age for having babies

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 02:35:40 EDT 2007

Here's my $0.02 on the subject - anecdotal evidence only.

Carmen's age is unknown, but her previous mommy had her for at least a year, and she had been here with us for at least a year when she became pregnant through a disastrous attempt to find a friend for her, who turned out to be a cross dressing piggy - a male disguised as a female.  Nuff said.

Anyway, I was frantic, on the phone in tears, taking her to the vet, sobbing in the office (whole drama queen thing).  The vet said to leave her alone, let her carry the pregnancy, make sure she got plenty to eat, and wait and see.

Result - Carmen littered down without incident at the appropriate time, delivered one stillborn pup and one lovely little girl, now known as Shakira.

That's the story - my worst fears did not come to pass, thank goodness.

I hope your experience is likewise uneventful.

Needless to say, there will be no more pregnancies.

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Carmen and teenager Shakira
Taffy, Sundae and Tosca in mem