[Gpdd] [SILLY]<Jan the boar is heavy enough to apply for LAPS!>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:31:14 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I was wheighing my piggies yesterday and to my surprise i found out that my
Jan is 1380 grams which is slightly more than 3 lbs! I never really expected
him to meet LAPS standards. He doesn't seem that food oriented to me. I knew
he was close to LAPS standards but he always lets his girls eat first when i
offer them their veggies and he seems much more interested in wooing and
chasing than eating. I guess he became inspired during the pigolympigs by
his beautiful dates and his friends, the jolly rodents.
Hmm..I think i'll use this as a moment to post some of my favourite Jan
pigtures. Heather, you can pick one of them to put on your site ;-), if he
is admitted ofcourse.
Here is Jan lying next to Lotje, ofcourse letting her sleep in the basket
and him lying admiringly next to her. Lotje is very fond of food, i guess
she taught him how to become LAPS (although she is nowhere near 3 lbs)
http://xs314.xs.to/xs314/07144/Basket.JPG

I love this one, this is Jan in his element.
http://xs314.xs.to/xs314/07144/Hayball.JPG

Here is the pigture with which jan became pet of the day. He is giving his
sexy look, which makes me melt everytime i see it.
http://xs411.xs.to/xs411/07033/Jan_0024b.JPG

Jan has a really, really big nose. he actually looks like a rabbit with
short ears when you meet him in real life. It is kinda hard to photograph..
http://xs116.xs.to/xs116/07241/GroenJan02b.JPG

Btw, I had a new type of moment (as opposed to a -you know you're a slave
when- moment). I call it -you know you're a GPDD-addict when- moment ;-).
Last week i was reading a thread on a dutch forum that was about heavy
piggies. One of them was close to 1800 grams and next thing i found myself
googling 1800 grams into lbs, just to see how heavy it was exactly (almost 4
pounds). and then i was really impressed. (for those of you who might not
know, dutchies don't use lbs, so my reaction is slightly weird)

Dunya, congratulations on being pet of the day girl! Finley too! We looove
your pigture!
Janneke, proud owner of Jan the Boar, and ofcourse yaya and suus.