[Gpdd] MISC. Fostering babies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jun 11 04:47:11 EDT 2007

Hi Jaime,

How wonderful to be fostering a whole family. How ever will you be able to give them up when the time comes? I know that I couldn't.

Feed them exactly the same as their mother, who will show them what to do. When I have new babes here, I use a shallow dish for their dry feed and put a water bottle low down for them to reach.

I always follow Peter Gurney's example and put a saucer of brown bread soaked in milk for both mum and babes to enjoy.

Make sure that you remove any baby boars after 3/4 weeks as they are very precocious and you would not want another pregnancy on your hands!

Good luck with the family,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.