[Gpdd] [Misc} Sad Report

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 15:20:04 EDT 2007

A locally owned pet store suffered a fire over the weekend, and
  while many animals were lost, many more were saved, thanks
  to heroic efforts of local veterinarians and other medical personnel,
  and many volunteers.
  You can read the story at
  http://www.care2.com/news/member/461098473/398915?saved=1
  (if you click on "Note It" this story will get more coverage)
  http://kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=129280
  'Donations will be accepted to help cover the costs of the animal's
  care and to benefit Wild Heart Ranch. For more information visit the
  Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation’s website, www.wildheartranch.org.
  Watch the video: New Life For Pet Shop Fire Victims'
  Wild Heart Ranch is a wild animal rescue in our area, they do good
  work.  There is an adoption day scheduled for this Saturday to
  find homes for many of the animals who survived the fire. I don't
  yet know any details on the guinea pigs, though I did see a few
  on the news last night. They didn't look too happy, but they were
  at least alive!
  Susi & the Okie Piggies