[Gpdd] MISC. -- chirping Blossom

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 15 07:11:10 EDT 2007

As many on the GPDD have experienced, I had found myself awakening groggily
to a chirping sound.  But it always stopped whenever I stood up or turned on
the light.  I like to sleep on the floor by the piggies.  Well, one night at
4 a.m. (I stay awake all night doing quiet things sometimes), I again heard
the chirping.  So I slowly and quietly stood up becasue it sounded like it
was coming from Blossom (mompig) and Baby Truffles (baby, uh, piggie)'s pen.
Baby Truffles' mouth was moving so I assumed it was her.  But then I looked
at Blossom and she was 'singing' away.  Baby Truffles was munching on some
hay while Blossom was chirping and chirping.  I was mesmerized and so
thrilled that we had a chirper!!!!  She chirped for about a minute or less.
I don't think she has done it since but I'm glad I was able to personally
hear and see her.

Blossom was 'rescued' from a pet store where they had about three pregnant
females.  Even after being here for one and a half years, she's still
skittish but once you hold her, she's a 'little rag doll.'  She's blessed us
with Baby Truffles and Star (who was stillborn).

Love your piggies,

Corrine and Michael