[Gpdd] MISC. -- Please welcome Sparkles

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 15 07:11:25 EDT 2007

Hello everyone and everypig!!!!  Okay, to count, we have Mini and Peppermint
and Blossom and Baby Truffles (all females) and the two boys, Snoopy and
Snowy Bear.  Believe me, I never dreamed I'd ever have six!!!!  I figured
six was too much, but well, as we all know, 'pigs happen.'

So anyway, we were at the pet store looking for piggie food when I see a
sign over a cage with a dark brown piggie in it so I ask the pet store clerk
and she tells me that this piggie has a heart murmur so she needs a good
home.  She said the vet said that she doesn't need any medications, that
she's healthy, but that with the heart murmur she won't live eight years but
rather five or six.  I smile as nicely as I can while Michael is standing
behind the clerk giving me the worst 'don't you dare!' look I've ever seen.
So I tell her we have to discuss it.

So of course we discuss it on the way home and we decide to ask Tex and
Dawnda, who have knowledge of such things, for advice.  (Thanks for all your
help, Tex and Dawnda!!!!)  After mulling over their words, well, yes, we've
welcomed Sparkles into our lives.  She was about ten wheeks old at the end
of April when we got her.  Her hair has been growing and like Snoopy, she
has mats in her rear back hair.  When we try to de-mat her, she freaks out
royally so it freaks me out so I calm her down and refrain from doing
anything to her mats because of her heart murmur.

Other than that, we love her dearly and treasure her.  So that's when I was
going to call her 'treasure' but I wanted a more 'gem' type of name, so we
said that jewels 'sparkle' so she's been named Sparkles.  She seems fond of
her name too!!!

And I've caught Michael adoringly kissing and cooing her so I know he's
smitten with her.

If anyone has any experience with a heart murmur piggie please let us know.
We'd be happy to hear your experiences and expertise.

Thanks,

Corrine and Michael