[Gpdd] MISC Welcome new piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Jun 15 17:55:36 EDT 2007

Welcome, Snowy Bear, Snoopy and Sparkles as well as hello to Mini, Peppermint, Truffles and Blossom.

You are not doing anything wrong with Snoopy's coat. Some piggies get more tangled than others!

Sometimes my long haired piggies get tangled at the rear end. If there is someone to help, I sit the piggy on their lap on a towel, with the piggy's rear end towards me and while the helper keeps the piggy amused at the other end with some favourite nibbles I cut off the tangles as close to the skin as possible ( being especially careful with boars ).

If I have no-one to help, I find it easier to shampoo the piggy, which loosen the tangles and while the piggy is sitting in the bath I can chop off the messy bits.

Sometimes a piggy arrives with a very matted coat. If the piggy will sit still enough, I cut the mats down the centre and gradually work them out but with a very wriggly piggly, the shampoo treatment works well.

Piggies prone to tangling have their hair trimmed as short as possible at the back, although they seem to keep the sides tangle free by themselves.

Hope that this is of some help.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.