[Gpdd] GPDD--death

DEB GANLEY debg43 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 16 02:46:44 EDT 2007

Been there, done that, as far as people saying stupid things after the loss of a pet.  I lost a much loved cat many years ago & the first question some idiot at work said to me was "so, are you getting another one?"  I defiantly said "no"--I wasn't ready to lose Russy, never mind "get" another cat. (All of my animals have been adopted, not "gotten" & she knew that.)   A month later, my grandmother passed away--the same woman said she was sorry to hear about my loss & I was snotty enough to say "and no, I'm not "getting" another one of those either!"  Her jaw dropped, she remembered my reaction the previous time & knew where I was coming from!  I probably should have been the better person & forgotten the situation--but it felt so damn good to call her on it!    Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma