[Gpdd] Announce - Tweek's 2nd Adoption Day

B Cannon bcannon6 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 16 14:19:12 EDT 2007

Steve & I would like to proudly announce that tomorrow, June 17th will be Tweek's 2nd Forever Home day.  You may remember that after
we lost our two within 5 weeks of one another, we were 'chosen' by a lovely little 'girl' at PetsMart (I know - no pet stores ...
but after calling all the local shelters and finding none, it was the only option).

Our hearts were broken, yet we visited the little girls, and a lively, bright-eyed imp kept playing with the veggie-ka-bob and
looking us right in the eye - even if we moved around the cage.  We came back 3 times, and when 'she' was still there, we took it as
an omen and brought 'her' home, naming her Rosebud.

I'm embarrassed to admit, but neither of us 'checked up' on 'her' until we all went to Deb Ganley's for bar-b-q ... and our lovely
little 'girl' began chasing and 'more' with her 3 girls.  Upon picking 'Rosebud' up, it was discovered that there was a little bit
more 'down south' and that 'Rosebud' was a BOY!  I felt darn stoo-pid, I'll tell ya.

Anyway, Tweek was renamed, and lived happily with us since.  He is a little mountain goat still, jumping onto his house and
popcorning/racing whenever water runs.  He has charming characteristics of both of our prior babies, but so many endearing traits of
his very own also!  He's been a blessing to us both and we're so glad he chose us.

Very Happy Adoption Day, Tweek-ster.  May there be many more ...

Steve & Brenda, Chuckbert & Mocha in our hearts, over the Bridge.