[Gpdd] Misc: itchy pig

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 19:33:05 EDT 2007

Hi Chester!  Lady Bug and I feel so sorry for poor Charlie.  We can well imagine he's miserable.  When you say he's getting "oral" ivermictin do you mean he's actually swallowing it or is it being applied topically?  I'd bet he just hates it if he has to eat it.  Much easier behind the ears.  It can take many treatments, e.g. 6-9, 7 days apart for severe mite cases.

  I assume his vet had ruled out any kind of fungus.  That can cause the symptoms you're describing.  Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing all the right things.

  We have fingers and paws crossed for Charlie.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug