[Gpdd] HEALTH: Kurlee

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Fri Jun 22 13:36:55 EDT 2007

Kurlee had a high weight of 978 last August and is now down around 815.
It hasn't been a large sudden weight loss but somewhat gradual.   Until
recently, she loved her veggies.  She continues to eat hay, her hard
food and water.  My vet is good about not running up my bill at the drop
of a hat.  He has seen her a couple of times and couldn't find anything
except that the teeth were a bit off.  He trimmed them to see what
effect that would have.  I think it did help.  She became more
interested in her hay and hard food after he trimmed them.  She's still
off of the veggies though.  Now that we have seen that the teeth aren't
the only issue at work, he will be more aggressive in diagnosing her
(X-rays, etc.).  Hopefully we'll have a better handle on what's going on
next week.   In all other respects, she seems okay.  Maybe she's doing
it on purpose to get all those extra cuddles.  :-)

Barnee, the oldest of my herd who is about 6, has lost about 300 grams
over the last couple of years.  The vet says that as they get older they
lose muscle tone, hence the weight loss.  Barnee is otherwise healthy
and eats, well, like a pig!

Kacee and the Munchee 11