[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Toadstolls

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 23 15:01:49 EDT 2007

Dear all

I thought I would mention something that has been happening on my back lawn,
just in case it may save a pig's life.

I am in the UK, and although we are getting warmer weather for the summer,
we are also getting spells of heavy and regular rain.  These damp and warm
conditions are causing toadstalls to grow on my lawn.  Some are very small
-- even in the short grass, and had it not been for the fact that I always
look very closely at the lawn for birds' droppings (before putting my pig's
run in place), I would have missed the toadstools.

Guinea pigs as they get older are a bit wiser about not eating posionous
plants, but I imagine it would only take a small nibble on a toadstool to
cause grave illness or worse.

Just thought I'd mention it in case others put their piggies out on the
lawn.

Carole x