[Gpdd] MISC- rabbits & piggies

Brian and Crystal Smith bandcsmith at verizon.net
Sat Jun 23 18:00:12 EDT 2007

I raise rabbits and own (or rather are owned by) 8 wonderful piggies...
We allow ours to interact with major supervision. Usually only the
babies (3-16 weeks) are to come in contact with our piggers. As with all
animals, use your own best judgement when socializing any 2 animals.
Never allow them to be alone, not even for a second. We know each ones
personality and if they'll do "ok" with a "friend" for a minute. The
should NEVER be housed together. Rabbits do have a very powerful kick
and I personally have been injured by a Flemish Giant's kick. Keep in
mind these animals push over 15lbs!!! Let me tell you, that's a kick
I'll never forget!!! Believe it or not, most of my 10 lbs satins are
afraid of our piggies and will hide!! We have a GP that is very
bossy...will take a carrot from ANYONE!! She don't even care...LOL

Hope this helps in anyway...feel free to contact me with more
questions...I'll be here..like always

**sorry I don't post much...with 60+ critters here and a terminally ill
5 year old...I am very busy...**

Crystal Smith
bandcsmith at verizon.net