[Gpdd] HEALTH: Rabbits and guinea pigs

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Jun 25 12:41:37 EDT 2007

Here's my two cents on rabbits and pigs.  I rescued a rabbit a couple of
years ago.  I didn't realize that rabbits came in the size of dogs!
Kassidy (get it, Hopalong Kassidy???) weighed about 11 pounds I think.
I couldn't believe the first time I saw her and she came out of the
carrier ... the rabbit just never seemed to end coming out!  If you're
going to get a rabbit, I suggest a dwarf type.  It would be easier to
cuddle with.  Kassidy seemed to be all legs!  She really didn't fit in
my lap very well.  She was also destructive, munching on the carpet.  I
really didn't have enough room ... or time ... for such a large rabbit
and was able to find her a good home.  As big as Kassidy was, she seemed
to be scared of the little piggers.  I only let Kassidy out when I could
supervise her and she never did anything to harm the Munchees.  Well,
there was the time she jumped in my lap while I was holding one!
Fortunately, she missed jumping on the Munchee.

Kacee and the Munchee 11