[Gpdd] HEALTH Jaime's mama Ginger

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Jun 26 12:08:00 EDT 2007

Well done on sexing those babes correctly. You'll have no trouble next time!

Poor mama Ginger. It is hard work raising a family and I expect that, as she came to you via the Humane League, she was not in the prime of condition that is necessary for a pregnant sow. She should have been fed extra nourishment during her whole pregnancy to give her the strength to feed those babes but I don't suppose that her previous owner gave much thought to that.

I can only suggest that you give her the very best of everything, as I am sure that you are doing anyway. It is a shame that the baby sow could not stay with her as she would have enjoyed the company. I always leave mums and daughters together.

Is there a vet at the Humane League that could give her a checkover? I don't know how these things work in the US.

Lots of love to Ginger and well done to you, Jaime, for caring for the family.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.