[Gpdd] [Health] Carrots & Pellets

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 16:28:07 EDT 2007

Kaycee - so glad to hear that Kurley is getting her appetite
  back. Could it be a fresh carrot?  I've found, on the rare
  occasions when I sneak one of their baby carrots, that
  some batches taste better, sweeter, than others. That
  would help, anyway.
  On the pellets - while it is generally accepted that the
  timothy based pellets are better for adult piggies, I don't
  think I would think of them as adding weight. Either way,
  I don't like to abruptly switch feed. Can you mix her fav
  pellets with the timothy pellets for a while? This may not
  be a good time to stress her over the pellets. (Of course,
  as long as you are catering to her every whim otherwise...)

  As for the rabies question ... some of you beat me to it,
  but that's what I was going to say. Could be technically
  possible, but after all, they have to be exposed in the
  first place. When I first asked my vet what shots they
  would need, like rabies, he looked at me and laughed.
  "Just keep them inside" he said. And as others said, it
  would probably do more harm than good if you did give
  them the shot - your apt mgr just didn't understand them
  (get him on here - we'll enlighten him!).  Yes, I would
  think a letter from your vet should suffice.

  Congrats to all on birthdays and anniversaries and special
  honors (Pet of the Day! Wow!), Get Well Wishes and
  piggie hugs'n'kisses  (sorry, our online time is so limited!)
  Susi & the Okie Piggies