[Gpdd] Health Sore hip and dandruff

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:01:17 EDT 2007

Hi, I have a couple of things id like to mention. my girl pig, Ginger was
fine the other night then in the morning she looked like she had a big
problem with her hip. She was limping badly and kept laying down to one
side. I took her straight to the vet but he couldnt feel anything she cried
when he felt her left hip so he said it was sore. He said she may have
dislocated it in the night and now it was back in but sore. Im not so sure
how can she dislocate it sitting in her hutch at night. Has anyone heard of
this or have any opinions of what could have happened.
    Also my little pig Spikey junior has loads of dandruff i didnt notice
because he has loads of hair until i brushed him and my black trousers were
covered in white flakes. Nothing seemed to be moving but i dont know what
could have caused it.
        Thankyou for reading this Carole, limping ginger and itchy Spikey