[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Rodney's Travel Journal Part 4

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 12:12:18 EST 2007

Here is a photo of the kennel on the luggage cart.
  http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/annettehala/DSCN7410.jpg

  After half an hour a guy came and loaded the cart. I was sure he was going to let one of the boxes fall on the kennel. We followed him all the way through the airport until he came to employee only doors. As he went through I called out to please be careful. I’m sure he thought we were nuts. We went and got lunch and then to the gate where they were ready to load. Rodney had been away from us for about an hour. Our agent was at the gate and we asked her if he had been loaded on the plane. She checked on the computer and said he was. Fortunately it was a cool, but not cold, day so I wasn’t worried that he would get overheated or cold. With clenched fists, prayers, and a few tears, we hoped that the takeoff wasn’t too scary for him. I couldn’t sleep the whole flight. Every time I closed my eyes I thought of my baby down in the dark all alone. Fortunately there was hardly any turbulence. I was afraid of a bad jolt injuring him. When we landed in San Fran. we practically ran
 to the baggage claim. We asked some staff where the animals came up and they pointed us to the elevator. My sister went to find him while I went back to our group. When she brought him he was alive and very frightened. She said he came up in the elevator with several cats and dogs from other international flights. There wasn’t any food in his dish so he either ate it or it fell out. I attempted to put pellets in through the bars while we knelt on the floor in the corner of the baggage claim and talked to him. We called to him and talked to him but he was unresponsive and frozen crouched in the middle of the kennel. We got out a carrot and pushed it in. He still didn’t move. Next we got some celery and shoved it in. Finally his nose started to move and then it was like he woke up and attacked the celery. We were very relived.

  To be continued